Every year, amateur foragers of mushrooms make the mistake of picking mushrooms that appear safe to eat (especially if they resemble familiar looking species from other countries) but are actually poisonous. For more information on all things mushrooms, including some really cool stuff, visit the North American Mycological Association here: namyco.org. If you think you may have eaten poisonous mushrooms, call US Poison Control: 1-800-222-1222
This blog keeps our members and the public informed of workshops and events at the ranch. We invite you to comment!